Saturday, October 4, 2008

Flirty...Dirty...THIRTY!!!!!

I too need no introduction....and I am always late!





Nobody sings it better!!!


On October 4th:


1957: Sputnik launchedThe Soviet Union fires the starting gun of the space race with its launch of Sputnik, the world’s first artificial Earth satellite. Soviet radio reported that the artificial moon, which weighed 184 pounds, was circling Earth once every hour and 36 minutes. From its elliptical orbit hundreds of miles above Earth, Sputnik transmitted signals back to the ground strong enough to be picked up by amateur radio operators. Many Americans feared the Soviet’s new technology, which seemed to be strides ahead of U.S. efforts. Sputnik was 52 times the size of the first planned U.S. satellite, which was not even scheduled to be launched until the next year.



1777American Revolution: Patriot forces under General George Washington attack British troops at Germantown, near Philadelphia.




1927In America, sculpting begins on the face of Mount Rushmore in South Dakota; it takes another 12 years to finish the monument George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt.



1970American singer Janis Joplin dies from a heroin overdose aged 27.

1978 Ramanda Nor Jones made her debut and the world hasn't been the same since!

Getting fresh with my 30th Birthday date!! Wrangler butts drive me nuts!!!

7 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Birthday!!

Ramanda said...

Thanks a lot Joy!!!!

amber said...

Woo-woot! Happy Birthday!! How does it feel to be 30? I love the pic of you and yer date!! I'm also loving your hair!! I hope you had great day!!

ksreynolds said...

Well hey 30 is still young right? I am 28 and getting there soon. Hey your blog is fun!! You should see mine it's pretty simple but I like it, I need to figure out how to change my back ground. Mine is ksreynoldsfamily.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are only 2 weeks (exactly) older than me. I am freaking about the big 3-0 a little. I hope I look as great as you when I am 30!!!! Love your guts.

Brokaw Family said...

I thought of you on that day, and like the sucky friend i am didn't call. Hope it was good!
Sherry

Boyds said...

wow wrangler butts drive you nuts. you would have to be nuts to get that close to woody. who knows where he has been. Happy Birthday