Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dirty, Flirty, Thirty Part II

For a mile stone birthday and one that is supposed to be depressing, I really enjoyed
the BIG 3-0! Michael took me to Grand Junction for dinner at The Olive Garden and to the movie. We watched Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist. It was a cute high school/teenager movie. I loved the soundtrack the most! I can't remember the last time Michael have been on an official date let alone a movie! So it was about stinkin time that we got out together alone!!!
Saturday I woke up and found this on my front door!
Some sneaky friend *cough*Tracey*cough* must have had to wait until really late in the night to do this for me and who knows who she got to be her partner in crime! There was a ton of candy all over the porch and fun little presents taped to the door! The kids and I blew bubbles all day and I wore my tiara through out the day with pride!!! Saturday night Tracey came by with my favorite cheesecake for me to hoard all by myself !! That girl seriously rocks! My favorite part about my birthday is all of the phone calls, cards, texts, emails wishing me a happy birthday! I love feelling so loved!!!

General Conference on my birthday was the very best gift imaginable, especially when it feels like every talk was directed specifically to me!! Elder Holland's talk touched me and testified to me that angels do in fact administer comfort and peace to us. I have had countless experiences with angels both immortal and mortal!
Monday I invited a few of my friends over for lunch. Talk about angels!!!! I don't know why I am so blessed to have such amazing friends! I am not as good of a friend to them as they are to me and yet they still like me and put up with me! How lucky can a girl get!?

We had some Delicious food and just sat and talked and hung out and had a heck of a good time! I thinks that is one of my most favorite things to do!! Tracey and Nat told every one to come wearing black as a funny joke but I was so not laughing!!! I wish I could convey just how much each of these women mean to me. They have done so much for me since I have moved here. I am blessed to have such a giving and generous group of friends. I want so much to be as giving, thoughtful and sensitive to others needs as these women are!

Last birthday I had a list of goals that I wanted to have accomplished by this time. I didn't finish any of my quilts, I only lost ten pounds which have seemed to sneak their way back and I am not sure if I have improved as a friend but life has been good to me and I will just have to keep working on improving myself! Here's to the next thirty years!


10 comments:

Knessa said...

Congratulations on your successful celebrations. Happy Birthday Ramanda. I am terrible and didn't remember when it was. I do remember when we were in the second grade and you had a party at your house. We watched "The Watcher in the Woods," and I called you when I got to my aunts and sang you happy birthday. Happy 3-0! I love you very very much momma!

The Page Family said...

I'm sorry I missed the party!! I guess I could have made my dad walk to the airport!! :) I'm glad you threw your own party and celebrated you!! You are a very special person and I feel honored to have been invited to help you celebrate!!

Robin Conner said...

Awwww, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day and you have some awesome friends! I loved all the pics! I'm getting nervous for the big 3-0 too, but I think it will be good. If it's like everyone says, they say the 30's are the best years! So we'll see! :)

bullfrogranch said...

Love you my friend. You are amazing. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend. You have a beautiful family and the world is a better place to be in because you are in it.

Boyds said...

It was a blast.. thanks for a great day. your the best

Boyds said...

Hey what happened to our stripper. He just got up and left with out telling us good-bye

Ramanda said...

He forgot his G-string and had nothing to keep all those dollar bills in!

christine said...

if only! j/k. it was a blast, glad i could be there to help you celebrate! you are such a great friend and fun to be around. thanks!! and happy year ahead.

Slaugh Family said...

Oh man remember your last birthday I took you to that cool restaurant in Rangely, and we totally had a awesome day, and we could've visited forever? To bad we didn't do that this year. I'm glad that you had a great Birthday, and I just know that my birthday will suck and not be anything like yours. So yes I am jealous, and I love ya.

M Occasionally B said...

happy late late birthday. the big 3-0! I hope it was incrediable!