Thursday, May 8, 2008

Transfer Treats!



Ssshhh! Don't tell President!


Baker's one and only date on the mission ha ha!

>

He's shooting me in the head! The punk!


We had ten seconds to come up with a pose and I totally bombed! Baker thought that was pretty darn funny! Bailey's face is hilarious! They were up WAY past their bed time! It was our last night with Elder Baker so I made chocolate chip cookies and we made them into ice cream sandwiches. They were so good that health conscious Baker had seconds! We are really going to miss Baker! He is such a joker and was always pulling crap on me like telling me that the mission president said that missionaries were no longer to associate with me. That one scared the snot out of me! Such a funny guy!



I have this thing for missionaries. It's not like THAT, I promise! There is just something about having the missionaries in my home. The spirit that they bring is so powerful! The work that they do is amazing! I think it all started when my brother in law Macklin was on his mission in Chicago. I often wondered who was taking care of him and if he was being fed. He would send home pictures of families that helped him out and a lot of those families would write to his parents. I wanted to be one of those families that made mission life a little easier for these boys. My most selfish motive is that someday Madse will be on a mission and it will comfort me to know that someone is taking care of my boy like I am taking care of these boys!


We have had a lot of missionaries come and go. It breaks my little heart when I find out that the elders go without food. I have this open door policy and they know they can just show up and I will whip them up something to eat. It totally makes my day when they call and ask to borrow some peanut butter sandwiches. The only problem is that I get very attached and it is inevitable that they will leave me and move on to another area but they all seem to keep in touch! Which I love!


Here's a few more of my favorites!





Gardner and Muro!


Salinas!


Gardner's Wendy Song! Gardner has some mad guitar skills...well not really but he is very entertaining! Gardner is THE coolest!

Baker cut Madse's hair!




Bailey's 21st birthday

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is soo great!!!! Now I want to feed the missionaries every night.