Tuesday, May 13, 2008

German Pancakes~ Our Weekend Tradition





So puffy and delicious! We like to make these on lazy saturday mornings! It is one that the kids can easily help with!
You got to try this recipe!
Carolyn Squires' German Pancakes Recipe
8 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cube butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, put 9x13 in baking dish into oven to melt 1/2 cube of butter. Meanwhile beat together milk, eggs, flour, and salt. When the butter is melted, pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes. Batter will crawl up the edges of the pan and form peaks. Serve with warm syrup, jam, or powdered sugar. It is also very tasty with fresh strawberries and whip topping.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I love German Pancakes! So Good!

Brokaw Family said...

Here goes another long reply to all your posts. I love the twilight series. It is amazing, because it is full of tension. But it is an easy read. Especially coming from a Jane Austin novel. I too await the movie and book four. You should check out her website that has the first chapter of book one from Edward's point of view.

I vaguely remember you bro, but I remember his funeral. You are such a strength to your family, and I admire that about you.

Oh, the fun of missionaries. I am envious, we don't get to spend that much time with them, in fact none at all. But my baby bro Zachary is on his mission now in Cali, and I hope he is taken care of as well as those missionaries are.

I have never had German pancakes, but I think we will try them this weekend while Barney and his wife Elena are up visiting for the boys birthday and baptism. I miss hanging out with you and hope to make a trip that way sometime this summer.

Take care.
Sherbet

BonnieandSteve said...

Wow that pancake is lookin good Hollywood!! You so remind me of my mom, she always takes a picture of the fluffy german pancake to. And I must admit I do have some pictures of my own. . . .

I love the twilight series too!!!