This is my May-may! She was born on Mother's day two years ago! What an amazing experience it is to bring life into this world on such a special day! It was such a beautiful and sacred experience. I felt such an overwhelming power of the spirit comforting and witnessing to me the wonderful blessing of the calling of MOTHER!
This was the view out of our back door! I didn't appreciate it at the time! I was too stressed about having all of us crammed into a studio apartment and waiting on some selfish woman who was unwilling to move out of the house that we had under contract because she was using it as leverage in her divorce settlement. So as a result of all of that stress, the first few months of May's life is a blur! The really pathetic thing about this is that I didn't buy a camera until after her first birthday so we don't even have pictures of her first birthday! Cue more self loathing!Top Ten Reasons I Love My Maymers:
10~ She love to spank bums! She just goes around smacking every one's butt's and laughs!
9~She says "Tank you mom" all the time, even when I finish torturing her when I do her hair. She has these crocodile tears and whimpers "Tank you mom." Melt my heart!
8~She has no fear! Mike does these dreadful stunts with her that make my gut wrench and she giggles!
7~She LOVES off-roading with Michael. We are all getting tossed around the truck and I look back at her and she is clapping her hands and saying "agin, agin!"
6~ She sneaks into Ashley's bed every night!
5~ She loves to be outside! She stands by the front door with some one's shoes that are way to big for her as she pleads "outside, outside..."
4~She climbs into my lap when she is tired or just needs some love and says "Mom, song." and of course I sing to her. It makes me feel needed.
3~She lives to pester Madse. You think it would be the other way around but she gets him so rilded up!
2~ Her kisses take my breathe away...literally! she takes my face into her chubby little baby hands and lays one on me!
1~She keeps me on my toes! She is always doing something funny or naughty but no matter what she does it is guaranteed to make me so glad that I have her!
I hope when she gets older, she doesn't hold it against me that I don't have newborn pictures of her.
Mom, Grandpa Mark, Gram Betta if you have any pictures of May at birth PLEASE send them my way! I might be able to forgive myself if you have pictures!
3 comments:
I love it!! Don't beat yourself up about the pictures thing too much. If she is anything like me she will use it against you when she is a teenager and then forgive you and totally understand when she gets married and has kids. (I swear my mom has no baby-child pictures of me but I got over it)
That was a lot of stress going on!! For Gbean's birthday we didn't even get her present. You are a great mom and I love you tons!!
Don't worry about the pictures, there are no pictures of Ward until about Kindergarten, and that was because the school took it!! He doesn't mind, he has great memories of a wonderful mother how loves him and her stories, like yours. Your an incredible mother!! What a great party she had!!
Post a Comment