Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Am It!

I love an excuse to blog. There is some slight discomfort when it comes to writing about myself. Give me a topic about my family and I can write a novel but I just don't think that I am that interesting so bare with me for this game.
The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.



FACT ONE: I love every body! I really get along with almost everyone. I am a people person. I can find something to like and relate to in everyone I meet. Sometimes I feel like I like people more than they like me. I like to strike up conversations with random strangers but have found that most people are uncomfortable with talking to people they don't know. It is so much fun to make eye contact with people and smile at them and watch their reactions. It is really rare to find someone that I don't like.



FACT TWO: I lack discipline. I think I am pretty good at most things at first try but I burn out easily and give up on things because it is easier than sticking to it and mastering it. I have had this characteristic my whole life. I have been in singing groups, dance classes, band playing three instruments, and lots of other things that I never follow through with. I have countless projects that are started and have been abandoned because the became a chore instead of that initial thrill. My house is never completely clean. I get so overwhelmed that it never is finished so instead of working at it I just throw my hands up and tolerate the mess. This habit is not something I am proud of and has resulted in me being average and mediocre in everything I do. I do have intentions to change but isn't Hell paved with good intentions?



FACT THREE: I live for music! Hearing it, playing it (I was better at the latter when I was younger) dancing to it, and seeing live shows. The power of music is incredible. I enjoy music that lifts and inspires. I like music from all genres and my tastes are mog podge. I am into finding new to me music so share your favorite bands with me! People that can create music are impressive to me. I had the opportunity to sing back up for my uncle and to watch him put notes and lyrics together and compose something from his heart. It is a secret dream to do that some day. I have been teaching myself to play the guitar and I can't wait for the day when I can wail!


FACT FOUR: Quilting is my passion and obsession. I love to fondle fabric and hoard it thinking maybe I will find the perfect pattern or project for my beloved material. I often deny myself this pleasure because my house is never clean enough or I should be doing laundry or something practical like that but when I give in to my urges and sew I am in HEAVEN! The whole process is just amazing! Picking fabric, measuring and cutting it with a rotary cutter, feeling the fabric as it is being sewn, pressing it together and piecing it all into something beautiful. The sad thing is that I have never actually finished an actual quilt. I have done a few wall hangings,sewn blocks for others and such but I have these tops just sitting there or almost on the verge of being tops waiting to be finished. Dang fact two!

FACT FIVE: I make a mean loaf of bread! I really love being in the kitchen. I can pretty much cook or bake just about anything. New recipes are so fun to make and sharing them or having friends share their favorites is a bonding experience. There is just this unspoken pride in a well worn recipe. People just light up when you ask them for the recipe. Anyone who would like to swap recipes would be my new best friend.

FACT SIX: I thrive on budgeting especially when I grocery shop. I do this because I loathe spending money even on food. So I turn it into a game of strategy. I start out with a detailed menu for two weeks and incorporate what I still have in the pantry and make a shopping list. I am on a mission at the grocery store and I never stray from the list. I make these tallies at the bottom of the list for every dollar amount. The final test is the check out counter. I get all flushed and anxious that I may have miscalculated but I rarely go over my budget and my budget is small. I really feel that I have been blessed like the widow who fed the prophet Elijah her last meal and was in turn blessed that the meal in her vessel and the oil in her cruse. I have seen it happen continually through out my married life when things are tight and there are people to be fed that there is always enough.


That was torture!!!! It took me several days to complete this game. Now I get to tag some of you neener neener!!! So get to it Mandy, Bonnie, Amy, Debra, Christine, and Alison. Heck whoever else wants an excuse be my guest! Have fun!


2 comments:

Wonderland Girl said...

I want to be you. :)

Mandy said...

You are so awesome. I just love reading about you on your blog. As I have told you before, you have created quite an obsession in me! Blogging is great fun. Thanks for including me and thanks for all of your sweet comments. You rock. LOVE YA!!!!!