Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Esc-a -pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape!

I ran away with my mother in law and my sisters in law to St. George a couple of weeks ago for a sisters' retreat! It was Betta's brilliant idea and she paid for the condo, gas, and food for the four days we were down there! We stayed at the Las Palmas Resort and enjoyed the warm weather of southern Utah! It was weird not having to wear a coat and snow boots in the middle of January! It was really nice to have a break from the snow of Colorado! Friday I stopped in Cedar City on my way to St. George to visit my good friend Kyle at college. He made me dinner at his apartment. It was your typical college meal of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It is amazing how a simple pb&j sandwich tastes better when you don't have to make it!





Friday night, my sister in law Denise was itching to play or do something wild and crazy. We got dressed up and headed out for a night out on the town, but to our shock and dismay, we discovered that St. George doesn't have much of a night life. I guess it kind of makes sense when you think of the thousands of senior citizens that flock down there for the winter! That town shuts down when those old folks are finished with their early bird specials at Village Inn! So at 11:30 pm Cami and Denise suggested we head to Mesquite. I was game! I have never gambled and I had a few bucks to throw away! I had no idea that my sisters in law were so much fun! Especially Denise! Give her a Monster energy drink and she is the life of the party! Everything we said that night was turned into a dirty joke! Denise killed it at the roulette table! She won a hundred and forty bucks and only put twenty bucks into it! My luck was not so good and I am pretty sure that I will never gamble again. All I kept thinking was " I could be buying fabric with this money!" but it was a blast hanging out with my sistas! We drove through three states in one night and technically I drove through four. Colorado,Utah, Arizona, and Nevada! We found this sign on our way to Mesquite and we couldn't pass up the picture opportunity! We didn't get back to St. George until three in the morning!

Yes those are tampons! If you have a dirty mind you will get it!

I crossed four states in one day! Yup I get around!

The next day we had our spa appointments! I settled for a pedicure but it was much needed and well deserved! I was saving my money for more important things like fabric!!! After a day at the spa we went out lunch at a quaint little Mediterranean restaurant. The food was really yummy and the dessert was even better! They had a baklava that was to die for!

Flaming cheese!!! OPA!!!

Cami thought she would be funny and put the phone book on top of my excursion the night before after our adventure in Mesquite and it stayed there as I drove all around town the next day! We all got a kick out of that! Silly Cami! We also did some shopping at the mall and we bought groceries for Sunday. I got a ton of new shirts for super cheap!

Sexy bi#@$es ha ha!

Sunday was so relaxing! Betta, Kathy, and I attended a ward nearby and it was packed to the back of the gym with vacationers while the others enjoyed the pool. we took long uninterrupted sunday naps too,which is huge for me! we also made a really good dinner. Cami made this amazing Parmesan chicken and we had couscous and steamed veggies and frozen yogurt pie! I met up later with my friend Kyle and his new love interest for dinner. We had a good time eating and catching up. I came back to the condo and watched movies with all of my lovely sisters in law.

Monday we packed up and parted ways with Cami, Randi, and Denise. Betta, Kathy, and I planned on going to a session at the St. George temple but got there twenty minute too late. We settled for pictures and a walk around the temple grounds. We went to the distribution center where I picked out a new set of scriptures. I have had the same set since I was eight and they are ready to be retired. I have grown so attached to those things over the years. It will be hard to use the replacements but I was thinking that it will be nice to read brand new scriptures because your eyes aren't drawn to the marked verses and past spiritual experiences. I won't go "Oh I remember when I had that experience in seminary or institute." I can have new insight and revelation with new scriptures and that I look forward to.

Betta and Kathy took off after lunch and I was left by my lonesome to hunt for quilt and fabric shops! I got some fabric so that I can finish my Shaggy Star quilt and a few other projects I am working on! I also went bra shopping and found some very supportive yet sexy ones at Lane Bryant. Who knew that a plus size store would have good bras for big boobed women?! I just can't believe I never thought of going there! DUH!






This really was such a great idea and I hope that we make it an annual tradition! I have learned so much about each of my sisters and feel like we are all closer for the trip!

Where to next sisters?!

5 comments:

ksreynolds said...

I was so jeluse, that looks way fun, I think we should do somthing as friends, that would be fun. Besty is going on a cruse with some of her friends kind of wired but way fun. Hey yea this puppy has a mind on her own, but we are hopefully trying to teach her young to not be so stubern. Her name is Teka, Makayla named her.

Robin Conner said...

I'm so happy for you that you got to get out for a few days and
"es-cap-e" with the girls. We don't realize how much we need an escape once in a while, even if it is once a year. Your trip looked so fun! You'll definatly have to keep up that tradition! ;)

BonnieandSteve said...

NICE. . . . I've been to the Beaver Dam in Little Field, My sister lived there. You are soooooo busted! Just kidding!

I'm so glad you had a rockin time! Take care and have a wonderful forever!

PS I MISS YOU!

M Occasionally B said...

a well deserved trip I am sure!

Annalee said...

Your blog freaking cracks me up! It looks like you all had a blast that weekend! Also, I'm really glad to see that somebody else hase a tampon picture at the beaver dam sign! I was beginning to think that my friends and I were the only ones dimented enough to do something like that! LOVE IT!!