Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm In Heaven!

Let me just tell you about the last couple of days! Cayl (formally known as Elder) Gardner (you can read about him in older posts) and a few guys that he served a mission with stayed the night with us! It totally made my day...heck my month...okay, my year! When missionaries go home I don't really expect to hear from them so when they call and ask to come stay and hang out, it just makes me feel pretty darn special! Yesterday we had a big BBQ and dug a fire pit out in the back yard for s'mores. As the night rolled on the party got bigger. Word spread that Gardner and his friends were in town and we had the Boyds come over and the spanish speaking missionaries come over and all of the neighborhood kids. We brought out the guitar and Gardner and his buddy Johnson entertained us with some singing. They would make up a tune and then make up the words on the spot. They came up with some doozies! One of our hispanic elders is a beatbox pro and so he would start a beat and then everyone would add a sound or their own beatbox to the beat. It was so hard not to laugh but it sounded awesome or as they would say "sick"! When it was time for the spanish elders to leave, they couldn't find their keys. I am sure one of my little ones swiped them and took off with them. We looked EVERYWHERE! Outside, inside, in couch cushions, we got out flashlights and combed the lawn. I was fine with the idea of them not finding their keys. It would just be a big slumber party! After a prayer, their investigator ended up finding them in the grass on the side of the house.

The party migrated to the front yard where the boys found Mike's skateboard. Yes, Michael has a skateboard! He came home with it one day. I couldn't be mad at him cause he brought me home an ipod. Smart guy huh!? Anyway... we all took turns doing tricks and skating in the culdesac. Some of those guys are REALLY good! We called it a night around one ish and slept in till nine the next morning. I seriously have been in absolute heaven! I love having people over and making tons of food and making sure they feel at home. I live for it! I made some killer french toast with french bread and homemade strawberry syrup and fresh strawberries and whip cream plus the traditional syrup and powdered sugar. It's not breakfast without sausage and bacon and a bowl of fresh fruit AND orange juice and milk! During breakfast, some more of the boy's friends came by. They were all meeting up to go to Frisco together so they ate with us too. The english speaking elders came by and joined us for breakfast too! The only bummer about the whole thing is that we were having too much fun that I forgot to take pictures. They just left and I hope that they don't wait too long for the next visit!

1 comment:

Brokaw Family said...

I love to watch your family through your blog. It makes me miss you sooooo much and I yearn to take a trip to see you in Colorado. Maybe soon. I am sad now that I didn't watch the finale of American Idol. I would have loved to see that, and it would have reminded me of you and a hundred other happy memories. I hope you are well and I will call you sometime soon! Take care and kiss those kids for me!
Sherry