

I just finished the third book of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. I know I am a little bit late getting on the lusty vampire bandwagon. Friends of mine have been raving about the series forever and since I had just finished Jane Austen's Emma, I thought it was time for another novel. I feel a little let down by the series though. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely devoured every book and am anxiously waiting for the fourth one to come out, it's just that I wasn't that impressed with her writing style. It just kind of bugged me. It seemed like she was repetitive in her descriptions. I wonder if she knows what a thesaurus is? Does she underestimate her readers' intelligence? I did like her characters and their chemistry together. There were some really juicy parts. I just felt that it all lacked just a little. This is the one book that I think the movie will be better than. I think the dialog in the movie will fill that void that is missing in the book. I am eagerly anticipating the movie and am already drooling over the guy who will play Edward! I guess what I have gotten out of my Twilight experience is that if Mrs. Meyer can write a top selling novel then maybe I have a chance at writing something worth reading.
3 comments:
That's funny. I uh, liked parts of the books but couldn't get past her writing style either.
Aren't these books for teens? Isn't that why it is written kinda immaturely? I haven't read them, 'cause Cam would tease the mickey out of me if I did. Hahaha. Sucker to peer pressure.
I haven't jumped on the wagon yet either, so don't feel too behind! I have had one other friend tell me that she didn't think the books were well written either. I can imagine it would be a let down after reading all of those Jane Austen books! Now, she is great!
Post a Comment