A look through the photos stored on my computer made me realize how many things I haven't taken the time to document here on the ol bloggity blog. With this mooshy brain of mine, I might forget about what we have done entirely if I don't take the time to record it somewhere. Mike always gets after me because I do not print out our photos. So, if I post them here I don't feel so guilty about not having a cute scrapbook or album full of memorable photos.
None of these pictures are in order and I am entirely too lazy to move them around. Like I tell my kids, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"
Back in February we threw a double Birthday party for Ashley and Mikie. Mikie's birthday was in November but due to my health issues and just being a slacker parent we never got around to doing anything for her. I took Ash and Mikie and a few of their good friends to Glenwood Springs for some ice skating and swimming. There were a few accidents and Mikie forgot a coat so she used mine and I froze but I am pretty sure all the girls had a blast!
I am not one to spend lots of money on birthday parties but having that many kids in my itty bitty house was totally out of the question. I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty cheap to have a party at the rec center in Glenwood. I would definitely recommend it.
Hallie turned three in January and my family came out to help us celebrate. We don't get together as often as I would like so it was really nice to have them.
My sister, Royeal, knitted this adorable lil kitten for Hall. That girl has more than her fair share of creativity. I think she got in the artsy fartsy line twice in Heaven. So not fair!
Our sweet little friends also came by to wish Hall a Happy Birthday. Friends that are more like family...how did we get so lucky?
A few times we have gotten surprise visits from my dad which completely made my whole year! He works so much that we really don't get to see him too often. The kids love his visits and Hallie quickly attaches herself to him.
After getting into pajamas Hall fell asleep in his lap during prayers and scriptures.
Oh so precious!!!
This year I coached Mikie's Destination Imagination team with my friend Liza. I might be partial but I am pretty sure our kids are geniuses! I am not one to get out an do extra stuff because I am not good at staying committed so it was hard for me and poor Liza put up with me being late to all of our meetings but Mikie really shined at DI so I was ok with doing it.
They don't compete at their grade level but they performed a skit and made a structure and they will be more prepared for competition next year. The structure is what Liza and I are sitting on!!! It was SO solid! It was made out of only newspaper and duct tape. If it could hold my lard butt, you know it was super strong!!!
The kids came up with the design all by themselves. In DI there is no adult input just kids making all the decisions.
Liza and I tye dyed their shirts for competition.
Mikie is an excellent leader and is a take charge kind of girl! We couldn't be more proud of our Smarties success and hard work!
Here is a picture of my little Halloweenies! Ash was Elphaba and Mikie was Glinda for Wicked. Ash won best costume at our ward Halloween party. Madse was a vampire (a real one not that poser Edward haha!), May was a care bear and Hallie was a unicorn. Mike worked and I didn't dress up because I thought that every one's eyes were still scarred from last year's debacle!
Oh May May! The reason I smile!
In October, Mike's brother and his fabulous wife, Randi came out for a visit! They are so much fun to hang out with. We took them to a zoo exhibit which probably wasn't a good idea because their baby Miles looked more like food to all of those big scary animals! We took them to the hot springs. We also went out for sushi and had banana splits!
I hope they come out again really soon!!!
I have another memory card full of pictures from christmas, New Year's, a trip to temple square, and Thanksgiving that I need to put on a cd and then I need to return the camera that my little friend Brinley let me borrow. So stay tuned for the second addition of Be Kind. Rewind. but don't hold your breath because it might take me almost a year like this post has!
2 comments:
Hey its great fun finding people you know or sorta know in blogland! I just love Dale and Beth they are wonderful, and get this I actually have a quilt that Ray pieced together! It is a very treasure quilt to me because it came from him! I'll have to write a post about it now. :)
I love all of your pictures! You do a great job with your family Ramanda. They've got to love having a mom like you!
Post a Comment