Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Men I Love

My father is Gentle, kind, soft spoken, and affectionate. He is book smart and is a fountain of knowledge and wisdom. He has a green thumb, he is a dreamer, and a visionary. He loves without judgement, is patient, and provident. I want to be like my dad. As my brother once said, "He is my hero!" He is MY dad!



My children couldn't ask for a better father! What an example of hard work and determination, a master camper, risk taker, and adventurer. This man does not take no for an answer and won't stop until he achieves his goals. He stands firm for what he believes in, he is a patriot who loves his God, his family and his country. He directs his family in prayer, Family Home Evening, and scripture study. He is a dutiful man and no one is more blessed to have such a man, as I am.

We are who we are because of the examples of our fathers. Men of God, who lead with quiet strength and faith. When you think that your father couldn't get any better, grand children melt an mold their hearts into kinder and more loving men. Bill Cosby said it best, "These aren't the same people I grew up with...these are old people who are trying to get into heaven." The older we get, the smarter is seems our fathers get.



Wishing the fathers that have shaped my life a wonderful Father's Day!

No comments: