Scones
2 TBS dry yeast
2 cups warm water
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup powdered milk
1 egg
5-6 cups of flour
Heat oil to 375 degrees. Mix yeast, water, sugar, and melted butter in mixing bowl and let stand for five minutes until mixture is bubbly and yeast is activated. Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, incorporate salt, powdered milk, egg, and two cups of flour. Mix until smooth. Mix in enough flour to make sticky yet manageable dough. You can either roll dough out onto a floured surface and cut into rectangle or you can flatten dough with your hand. Fry for approx. two minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
For pizza, this recipe makes two jelly roll pan size pizza crust. I cut the recipe in half (except egg) if that much is not needed. Top with favorite sauce and topping and bake 400 for about 20 minutes or so or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. For bread sticks, roll out dough into strips and twist them and put them on a greased pan and cook for 12-15 min at 400 degrees. You could even soften some butter and add garlic powder or salt and dried parsley flakes and brush onto cooked bread sticks for garlic bread. For rolls, I roll out three golf ball sized balls and place in a greased muffin tin for 12-15 min. at 400 degrees.
Hope you love this super easy recipe as much as I do!
( Since I cook in bulk, this recipe serves 7+. If you don't have that many to feed just cut the recipe in half!)
1 comment:
Just so you know, I've thought you were awesome since the day you walked into my 4th grade classroom! Your blogs are soo fun, and you remind that I'm not wrong to have faith in the human race despite all the bad that goes on.
Post a Comment