Words can not express the relief, joy, elation, peace, and all of the other warm and fuzzy feelings that I felt today!
Hallie has ALWAYS been our baby but there is something about having the courts document it and make it legal and binding that brings so much comfort to me!
Our attorney and our LDS Family Services case worker met us at the Adams County court house bright and early and walked us through the process of the adoption hearing. We were interviewed before the judge by our attorney and by the judge and our case worker gave a statement of his visits to our home and said lots of nice things about us because he is cool like that! We were so blessed to have such an awesome guy as our case worker! He would bring his guitar to home visits and we would jam! It dawned on me today that he won't be dropping by all the time to check up on us and I was really bummed out about that! In that court room, as I looked at my darling little Hallie, tears came to my eyes as I swore to be responsible for her in good and bad times. I am her mother and it is as if she was one of my natural born children. People tell me that we cheated or that this is the easy way to have a baby but I am hear to say that I have labored for a long and arduous eighteen months to get that little girl here. At times it has been frustrating, overwhelming, and tiring dealing with the waiting, paperwork, red tape, difficult sperm donor, bounderies with Hallie's birth family... but it all has been worth it to have our beautiful Hallie in our life! She is so precious and I am blessed to have the opportunity to raise her!
The judge was very accommodating and he kept saying how special it was to be able to hear our case and how it is was a treat to do an adoption becauce it is a happy time for everyone. He posed for a picture and he gave Hallie a bear so that she would have something to remember the occasion by. I was not very happy about the fact that I forgot to bring my camera so I had to settle for the cell phone pictures which is better than nothing I guess.

Hallie and her adoption bear!
Hallie DeeLoris NASH!!! She looks pretty happy about that!More importantly than this day, is the day that our family will be dressed in white in the house of the Lord where this precious little angel will be sealed to us for time and all eternity!!! That day can not come soon enough!!!

17 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so, so happy to hear this news!
What an amazing story! I am so happy for you guys. I can't even imagine going through what you guys have had too. It's a good thing you are a strong person! I can't wait to see you guys next week at the party!!!
YAY!!!! I hope we are going to follow suit soon!!! We find out Monday. (unless they post-pone it again which wouldn't surprise me. Nothing really surprises me anymore.) WOW I can't believe people tell you that this (adoption) is an easy way out and that you cheated. I would take the physical pain over the emotional torture ANY DAY.
Ramanda I am so glad that she has you guys. I love you guys. And I just have to tell you that getting our son sealed to us in the temple was such a spiritually invigorating experience. It is just the final touch that makes it all worth it.
Are you guys going to Vernal for Thanksgiving??
Oh Ramanda, Congratulations! You did great stickiing with it and pressing on. She is precious and I'm so glad you can call her your own now! Congrats!
Congratulations! We are so excited for your family. We love you guys and we know that you will be the best parents that Hallie could have. She is so blessed to be apart of your family. We look up to you so much. You are such an insperation to me, we love you guys!
Happy Happy DAY! Oh I am so grateful for you and Hallie. She has been blessed with such a cool family. Excellent NEWS!!
Congratulations to you all! We're happy it's all official for you, and can't wait to hear about having her sealed to your family.
We are so happy for your family!! What a long wait, you have endured well to the end!! What a great time to make it offical, Thanksgiving!! She couldn't have asked for a better family!!!
Wow I haven't teared up in a long time. That is awesome! Congrats, and I am pretty sure Hallie will have a wonderful life with you guys! Who wouldn't. We miss you brats call when you come to town.
Rod
Yeah! I am so excited for you I remember when you went to Dallas to pick her up, I think that this is right where she is supposed to be. I can't wait until the Temple Day, you better let me know. I love ya and am so happy I can't even tell you how happy I really am.
Love your guts and liver too.
Woohoo! I am thrilled for you and for Hallie. What a lucky girl she is.
Holy mackerel! It's about time and I'm so so so very happy for you! Oh wow what a beautiful occasion!
I love you and miss you and I'm so thrilled for you!
Congratulations you guys!
Congratulations! What a blessing! What a special little angel Hallie is, and you're an angel mother! WOOHOO!
Congratulations!! its about dang time!
Congrats!!! Your happiness shines through! What a beautiful family!!! I am sooo happy for you!
yay. i'm so glad that this finally came thru for you guys. your such a good mommy.
lets us know when you go thru the temple please
big bear hugs
Shelly
Post a Comment