Owen






What is about a wedding that makes one look at their love with a renewed devotion and appreciation? New love is contagious and one can not help feeling sentimental and romantic.
This is Uncle Roy and Aunt Rachel! To be honest, I was kind of intimidated by them at first, but through conversations and getting to know them better I think that they are the kindest and most Christ like people I have ever met. Aunt Rachel knows so much about nutrition (I learned A LOT!) and Uncle Roy is very captivating when he tells stories! Plus they put up with our loudness while playing heated card games till all hours of the night and they didn't even complain! Now that is patience!

Uncle Larry and aunt Lois crack me up! They always have a smile on their face and an amusing story to tell! Aunt Lois is a whiz in the kitchen and is very nurturing. She is quite the spit fire, I'll tell you what! She and May May became fast friends even when May would scowl at her. Uncle Larry has the best legs I have seen on a man! Really he does! They are muscular and tanned, men thirty years younger couldn't hold up to the competition! They made us feel like we truly belonged!
This is Aunt Sharon and her daughters Beth and Mary. Aunt Sharon has a great sense of humor! They all drove 38 hours STRAIGHT to spend time with everyone! Aunt Sharon has a close relationship with her daughters and they are very supportive of one another. Mary and Beth were both so nice and there children were such good kids! I am so glad that they took that long drive so that we could see them!
Uncle Marc doesn't say much but when he does it is always hilarious! He's got this joke about a hair lipped dog...what a hoot!!! Aunt Gina is a sweetie! You instantly fall in love with her southern accent and her genuine love and concern for you! There daughter Gretchen came from Hawaii. It was the first time Michael had seen his cousin in NINETEEN YEARS! Crazy huh!?
Uncle Tim and Aunt Cindy were probably the quietest out of the bunch. I wish had gotten to talk to Tim more. I think humor is genetic cause Tim had some good ones too! I enjoyed talking to Cindy though! She is the best and proudest mom and grandma there is! They are both very intelligent people and very kind hearted! Cindy took time to paint Ashley and Mikie's finger and toenails for the wedding! What a sweetheart!
The reunion consisted of visiting out on the patio, good food, hikes, drives, The Arts Fest, playing games till 3 am every night, a train ride on the Heber Creeper, and a trip to Moab. We had such a good time with everybody! Goodbyes were hard and not just because I had stayed up till three that morning! It made me wish that we lived closer to all of them to have that love and support close to us all of the time! I really hope that they all liked us as much as we like them!

2 comments:
Wow, the girls looked beautiful!! I love their dresses! You are looking pretty good yourself!! :)
I love all of your outfits in these! Makes me wish I had a wedding.
Post a Comment