All the kids were playing and having a good ol' time in the Bronco in the garage tonight. Maymay grabbed my hand and pulled me towards to garage so that she could join the fun. I put her in there and told all of the kids that they only had five more minutes to play before bedtime. Five minutes later everybody got out but May. She wasn't done playing. I began ordering kids to get brushed and flushed and get there jammies on, then I checked my email while Michael turned out lights and locked doors, including the garage. As he was taking out the trash outside, he heard a whimper coming from inside the garage. He came in the door with a sleepy May. Michael found her asleep in the back seat of the jacked up bronco that she couldn't get out of cause she was just too little! It had to have been a good fifteen minutes maybe a half an hour that she had been stuck out there! I took her into my arms and pulled her close to my guilt stricken heart and apologized my guts out to that little two year old, knowing that it probably won't be the last time. Who does that!? How can a mother forget about her kids like that!? I didn't even noticed she was missing in all of the bedtime commotion! Geez!!! Some people ha ha!!!
Tod in the movie Parenthood said it best:
"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, or drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish! But they'll let any butt-reaming @#$hole be a father."
I know my parenting license would definitely be revoked if there were such a thing!
4 comments:
Terrible, I have to admit I have called a code adam in Wal Mart. Locked a 2 year old in the garage not on purpose although it is tempting. And the same 2 year old streaks out of the house butt naked frequently. Only to have a mass of clothed people chasing. His face in a huge smile giggling all the way until we can snatch the little stinker. So I would have had my MOM licence revoked quite a while ago. Chalk it up to a reminder and sit back enjoy the ride. Because there isn't much else to do.
My friend Jessie Hunter and I would call each other when something like that would happen and consol the other one with stories that would make you feel better.
Motherhood is definately not for sissies, there is way to much that happens.
I just always feel better when it is someone else for a change, because I have it happen to me way to often!
I love you Ramanda!
TAG, GO CHECK OUT MY BLOG TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO NOW! BTW, I love that you're human, it's something that sometimes happens to the best of us, I forgot to buckle up my young one a couple of times, I feel awful when I do stuff like that, and...I'm not just forgetting it's threatening their safety too, driving on the fwy without being buckled up...UGH, I feel horrible, did you read my blog about Kyle's tball thing...you'll have to do that, cuz I don't just do it to my youngest, I get at my oldest with things too...my mind is failing I tell ya! ttyl :O)
Well I think that your the best mom ever and I know you well enough that I believe that with all my heart. I sure do miss your cute face.
Post a Comment