Michael gets out his atlas and points to a remote spot on the map and says "We're going here." He has this itch to see places he's never been before and fish lakes he has never fished before. This time his adventurous nature took us to Grand Mesa National Forest. What a breathtaking place!!! I like to think that Heavenly Father created these places just for me, to remind me of what is really important, to humble me!
We found the perfect spot on the lakeside and we set up camp. Not a minute later there was this SMELL, a smell of a often use latrine! We found that a little corner of the lake was the culprit. It was this foamy yellow color that just floated there. It was yuck! I told Mike that we could not stay there but he insisted that we would get used to it and that he wasn't going to tear down camp. As I was gathering wood I found the perfect spot up a hill for a fire and to park our car out of the reach of the stench. THANK GOODNESS! There was one thing that we couldn't get away from and that was the thick cloud of monster mosquitos! We were prepared with industrial strength bug wipes but that didn't stop those suckers (no pun intended!) Other than those two minor issues we had the time of our lives!
The fishing was off the hook! Ashley and Mikie were bringing them in faster than Mike could bait his hook but he got his fair share too. The younger kids got a kick out of reeling the fishing line in but as soon as the fish flopped out to the surface they lost it!! They were out of there!! There was plenty of dirt and sticks to entertain them forever though! I even got a nap in while they all played!
It is so worth it to get out in nature, away from the distractions of life and the noise of the world and to get away with the family and have fun doing nothing but fishing, hiking, enjoying the stars that are always brighter when you are closer to the heavens, the smell of campfire and just being together. I am pretty sure that it is my favorite summertime activity and I hope that the memories are lasting!
Mom makes a great trampoline! I get a kick out of Madse in the background! He is practicing his ninja moves and is oblivious to anything else going on!
Boys and sticks... it's definitely a boy thing!
Dad is helping Mikie bait her hook.
And She's got one!!
FISH ON!!!
Our "tent" Yeah we're hard core!!!!
Happy May!
Mikie's face says it all!
Need I say more!?
Big kids on a nature hike. Madse and that glove...what a hoot!
Catch up May may!
Those darn mosquitos were ruthless! Poor Mikie!
13 comments:
Wow, what a beautiful spot! I would LOVE to go there... but in a CAMPER! You're too tough, girl :)
You guys are hard core! I love it. And i love how you said the fishing was off the hook!!! he he he. way to use cool slang into everyday blogging!!
love your guts!
camping trips rock! looks like you guys had a great time, glad you were having some luck with the fishing, that always makes it more fun.
GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!
I tagged you. Go to my blog for details!
I tagged you... go to my blog for details! Cara
Dang it I just saw that Mandy tagged you so sorry
I nominated you for an award... go to my blog for details!
Sorry for the too many comments!
hope its not bugging you.
I would hate to be annoying!!!
LOVE YA!
I nominated you for an award... go to my blog to find out more...
What a happy camper she-ra looks like fun.
This trip looks great! Your kids got so big, I can't believe it!
How closely are you related to the Nash's that live in my ward? Because I think your daughters have the Nash eyes! -They're adorable! I'm glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment