Friday, February 8, 2008

Can You Say Obsessed?

I started reading Pride And Prejudice The day after Christmas.
I then finished Sense And Sensibility New Year's day.
A friend lent me Jane Eyre and I bawled my eyes out! (Charlette Bronte is not quite as good of an author as Jane Austen but she holds her own!)
I just can't help myself! My heart has longed, ached, and hoped. I have squealed, sighed, cried, and have fallen in love with Darcy, Wentworth, and even Willoughby!So far Persuasion is my favorite of Miss Austen's Novels...
But I still have Mansfield Park and Emma to devour!
And if that wasn't bad enough, PBS is airing a whole line up of the compleate Jane Austen on Masterpiece Theatre http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/, which all pale by comparison to the books but they are quite entertaining.
I have come to terms with the fact that I have no life and that I live vicariously through Jane Austen's Characters. I just hope I don't resemble the annoying ones!

4 comments:

Chocokate said...

That is so awesome that you read so much! I am jealous! So Persuasion is your fav? I love all her movies, and I tried reading Pride and Prejudice once, but I had a hard time with the language-I think that's why I stopped reading it-it's been several years. Maybe I'll give it a try again, starting with Persuasion. Another one I want to read is Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity by C S Lewis. I'll keep you posted!
And I miss you too! Reading your blog makes me want to drive on over for the weekend! xoxoKatie

AmyJo said...

I love Jane Austen! Way to go on reading all of that in such a short amount of time!

The Page Family said...

I love the new background!! I have rented a few Jane Austen movies. I am excited to see them. And thank you for your talk on Sunday. It was really good. I really liked the part about hiking and not thinking about the long hike up, but looking back at how far we've come. It really hit me, a new way not only to look at my life but my kids progress as well. Thanks Ramanda, I needed your talk!! :)

BERRETT'S said...

AHHH, I love Jane Austin. I am of limited brain compasity so I wanted to challange myself to read Pride and Prejudice. I LOVE the 6 hour movie, watch it all the time and own two copies along with several others. Well last year I did it!! I am amazed that you can devour them so quickly. I need to gear up an read Emma or Sense and Sensibility. I have a huge book of them all and really no excuse. I love that you are a fellow Jane Austin lover. Did you see becomeing Jane? We will have to do a girl move night to watch it.