This is a picture of me nursing!
Not really but I feel this poor dog's pain! I didn't think anyone would appreciate a picture of me nursing. It's just not very flattering but I am sure that you get the general idea about how I am feeling about the whole nursing thing. Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE nursing and here is the BUT, I have been nursing for seven going on eight years! Do you know what that feels like let alone what it looks like!? Here is my situation: I am nursing two babies. May is twenty one months and Hallie just turned one. Both are at the age to be weened but neither of them are showing signs of slowing down much less quitting. Here is my thought process though, I'm tellin' ya it's an inner battle! How can I ween May and still nurse Hallie. Sorry May you can't nurse, even though it is out there tempting you, you just can't have any! That is just too mean! So I will just quit cold turkey but is that fair to Hallie? Why should she be cut off early just because my nipples are raw and I feel like I have been sucked dry like one of those Capri Sun juice pouches. I keep telling myself that they are little for such a short time and that I will miss having two babies following me around like little puppies, waiting for me to sit so they can attach themselves just to have me get up again. I have to admit that it is so incredibly adorable to see May's lips pucker as she utters (no pun intended) "Nus! Nus!" And Hallie lays down automatically and lifts at my shirt while she makes that "uh uh" sound. I am sure that I will long for this closeness someday. I guess I am just going to have to tough this out and let them ween themselves if my nipples don't fall off first!
Not really but I feel this poor dog's pain! I didn't think anyone would appreciate a picture of me nursing. It's just not very flattering but I am sure that you get the general idea about how I am feeling about the whole nursing thing. Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE nursing and here is the BUT, I have been nursing for seven going on eight years! Do you know what that feels like let alone what it looks like!? Here is my situation: I am nursing two babies. May is twenty one months and Hallie just turned one. Both are at the age to be weened but neither of them are showing signs of slowing down much less quitting. Here is my thought process though, I'm tellin' ya it's an inner battle! How can I ween May and still nurse Hallie. Sorry May you can't nurse, even though it is out there tempting you, you just can't have any! That is just too mean! So I will just quit cold turkey but is that fair to Hallie? Why should she be cut off early just because my nipples are raw and I feel like I have been sucked dry like one of those Capri Sun juice pouches. I keep telling myself that they are little for such a short time and that I will miss having two babies following me around like little puppies, waiting for me to sit so they can attach themselves just to have me get up again. I have to admit that it is so incredibly adorable to see May's lips pucker as she utters (no pun intended) "Nus! Nus!" And Hallie lays down automatically and lifts at my shirt while she makes that "uh uh" sound. I am sure that I will long for this closeness someday. I guess I am just going to have to tough this out and let them ween themselves if my nipples don't fall off first!
3 comments:
Thats a great pic! Your a great MOM! I can see how torn you are! But like you said, they grow up way too fast, then your begging for some snuggles! We're moving this weekend back to Vernal, so if you come to town give me a call.
I need your number cause I am coming to town on the 29th and definitely want to see you! I am excited for you! You will only be two hours away from me ha ha!
You are amazing!!
Post a Comment