Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Some Minor Setbacks

I have hesitated writing anything about the adoption. I wanted to write one spectacular blog about the whole process with a wonderful happy ending of us in the temple as a family and the journey that got us there, which I will when it is all over, but I am just a little frustrated and feel the need to vent a little bit of that frustration. All of the paperwork is getting turned in except for one very important paper and that is from the birth father. We call him sperm donor because he doesn't deserve the title father. He is contesting the adoption. He wants custody of Hallie. He has until the 26th of this month to retain a lawyer and take it to court. Right now he is asking for a ten day extension. It is all very complicated. If he takes us to court before the 26th then Michael and I have to get a lawyer but if he does it after the 26th then LDS Family Services can use their attorneys. I just don't understand what this guy is thinking! Does he really think he can take care of a child? Why has he waited until now to do anything? It is my understanding that he has had no contact with the birth mother or Hallie since she was pregnant. He has not paid child support. Now he wants to get involved. I really don't want this to go to court. I don't like the thought of Hallie being removed from our home. She is our little girl! I wish I could send him all of her poopy diapers in the mail or call him at random hours especially late at night with the sound of her cry. Maybe that would convince him that he is in over his head. It is all up in the air and we don't have very much information. All we have is prayer and faith in the witness that we have received that Hallie was meant to be in our family for eternity. I have just been praying for this young man, that his heart will be softened and that he will do what is best for this little girl. I just wish he understood that she is loved and adored. That I have nursed her, changed her, stayed up with her when she is sick, taught her how to play peek a boo, that Madse can make her laugh harder than anyone else, that her and May like to share a little bowl of popcorn and attempt to feed each other but get it all over the carpet instead. I wish he understood that we are her family.

If all of those who read this can just remember us in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated. I know that it will all work out. The Lord had always provided for us. That thought is very comforting. I so look forward to being inside the temple with our little Hallie and sealing her to us for eternity. Even though it has been a tad bit frustrating, it has been worth it.

1 comment:

BonnieandSteve said...

Ramanda I love you and your family! I will most definitely keep you in my prayers!!!!