"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Thursday, December 6, 2007
All I Want For Christmas Is My...Health!
All around me is the hustle and bustle of of people preparing for their holidays. Lights are being hung on houses, Christmas trees are being placed in front windows, gifts are being bought and stowed away, everything that seems to make the seasons special and define it as Christmas. Absolutely none of that is going on here at the Nash home, at least not yet. No, it is not because I am a scrooge, I just can't get well enough or get my kids well enough to get into the Christmas spirit. Around the middle of November I started having severe back pain, a fever, and some other symptoms. I seriously felt like I was in labor! After suffering for a week (because suffering is what I do best), I finally went to see a doctor because it was getting increasingly worse. Tests were runs and a lot of cups were peed in and the doctor says that there is something going on with my kidneys. I was put on some super strength antibiotics because my body did not react to normal ones and I was given narcotics. During this time I was too sick to celebrate Mikie's birthday. Some friends brought her little gifts and some cupcakes, which was so sweet and she has been so understanding, but it still breaks my heart that she hasn't gotten to have a party. I go back for more testing later this week to see if my urine is sterile. Here's hoping for sterile urine! I was well enough to make a simple Thanksgiving dinner for our family. Michael worked but came home with a couple of guys he works with. They stayed for a couple of hours and went back to work. Ever since then either the kids or I have been sick and not just boogers and coughs, it has been H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS kind of sick!!! I'm talking painfully sore throat, high fever, vomiting, ear infections. Pretty much everyone has had a turn. Mikie has been miraculously been skipped. So we have been laying on the couch watching movies and feeling miserable. As of now we are on the mend and I am looking forward to our returning health and celebrating a simple Christmas with my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope everything clears up soon...it really sucks to be sick and even more so around the hoildays. NO FUN! NO FUN! Sorry Ramanda. :(
That sounds like the pits! I can feel a little of your pain with the strep throats and ear infections but I don't think we have it as bad as you guys! I'm so sorry. I hope they figure out whats going on. Are you going to be in Vernal for Christmas? We'll be home for a few days, it would be fun to see you?
Post a Comment