Saturday, November 17, 2007

We Enjoy So Much.

"The Prophet Joseph said at one time that one of the greatest sins ofwhich the Latter-day Saints would be guilty is the sin of ingratitude.I presume most of us have not thought of that as a great sin. There is a great tendency for us in our prayers and in our pleadings with the Lord to ask for additional blessings. But sometimes I feel we need to devote more of our prayers to expressions of gratitude and thanksgiving for blessings already received. We enjoy so much. (God, Family, Country, Salt Lake City:Deseret Book Co., 1974, p. 199)."



I tend to be pretty needy when it comes to prayers, especially lately. I tend to worry about things too much. No matter what seems to be weighing heavily on my heart, The Lord always provides. It is always so humbling to see miracles in my behalf. We got an email saying that we are approved for a loan for the adoption. That was indeed a miracle! We have been blessed with a doctor that was willing to dig a little deeper and get me feeling better. Friends have been inspired to come and visit or call or take my kids while I have been sick. Mikie's teacher called to tell us that Mikie is so above reading levels that they want to move her to first grade reading. I think I am going to take some time just to express my gratitude in my prayers because I truly have so much to be grateful for!

1 comment:

AmyJo said...

That is so true, we need to be more grateful! I am so happy for you and all the blessings you have received lately!