Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Fine Print Of Motherhood

It seems that May is monopolizing a lot of my blog entries, but she keeps doing these mischievous things that are just too funny. It is not even winter and we have had a share of sickness. It must be easier to make the rounds when there are so many little ones to get infected. This time it is Madse who is sick. He kept complaining that his tummy hurt. Well he was up in the bay window playing and before I could do anything, he puked all over the back of my couch and in the bay window. I grabbed a bowl as quickly as I could but watched helplessly as he moved from one spot to the another. Why do little kids do that?! They travel with their vomit. It's really not cool. So I caught the last tablespoon of puke in the bowl I so desperately ran to get and then I stripped him down and put him in the tub. I had a game plan. Let him soak in the tub and I would start the nasty job of scrubbing and disinfecting my couch and carpet. When did I sign up for this? No one tells you this stuff when you are planning on having kids. It's like a veteran mother's revenge on a new mother who has no clue when she keeps this information to herself. So anyway, I was frantically scrubbing when Madse yells from the bathroom "MOMMA! May's in da tub wif her twose on!" I just left her there. What else could I do? I couldn't interrupt my game plan. I couldn't resist snapping a few photos and taking some video but then I got back to scrubbing the crap out of my sofa.
The look on her face is priceless, so sheepish and too cute to get mad at! Even though I had no idea what I signed up for, I get a kick out of the fine print of motherhood.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

You get your cute little butt over here and let me pick that bad boy!!! I am so glad toknow there is another zit freak out there. I have had some very interesting feedback about that blog. I have had LOTS of phone calls, and we really should start a support group because there are alot of us out there. But there are also alot who think we need to be institutionalized.

LOVE YA!

Mandy said...

oh, the orange peel thing works great to get in the little crack where your face turns to nose. just put a little pressure, and slowly move along the crack and, OH MOMMA!

AmyJo said...

I feel for you! I had a round of sick kiddos recently and it is not fun! Puke everywhere ALL NIGHT LONG! Yuck!

christine said...

Oh, man, I feel for you! I know exactly what you mean, did I sign up for this? It's so great when they finally all get to a stage where they can get to the bathroom on their own when that happens!
Lots o luck!