Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Best Buddies!




When we decided to get a dog (When I say we I mean Michael, who had his heart set on it and promised the kids that we would bring one home and me going along with it because I was too exhausted to argue.), our thinking was that the older kids would enjoy having the attention and affection of a puppy dog. They were the ones who insisted on getting him ( I know Michael had some involvement in that). So I was surprised when May was the one who took a liking to Ignacio/Nacho and he to her. They are inseparable. Nacho is very watchful over May. On rare occasion when May has strayed he follows her, which is comforting, especially when the police are involved. At meal time Nacho is vigilantly perched under May's booster seat and she generously feeds him from her plate.

We picked up Nacho the same day we flew in to Denver with our new four month old baby Hallie. Let's just say that it was a big adjustment having a new infant and a new puppy. Nacho is now six months old and is a big part of our family. I just have to keep him and May out of trouble. I am still trying to figure out who is the instigator of the mischief they get into to.



2 comments:

AmyJo said...

Yay! I am so glad you have a blog! It will be fun to see what you are up too. Your kiddos are so cute! What kind of dog did you get? We have been thinking about getting one for awhile, but haven't quite taken the plunge yet. You are so brave!

Ramanda said...

He is an american bulldog. Brave is not the word that I would use!I think the word is nuts!