
Nash #6 is on it's way! (Look at that nose! Definitely a Nash haha!)
Jaws seem to drop at the mention of SIX kids and when I hear congratulations I know that they are really saying "Congratu-CRAZY" but honestly it doesn't seem like a lot to me. It kind of bums me out to think of this stage of my life being over. I have mastered the pregnancy/labor/ child birth/ newborn/nursing thing and the thought of all of that ending saddens me. Who knows, maybe I will be one of those ladies in their forties still poppin out babies. Don't get me wrong, my baby is four and the whole no diapers, being able to communicate, picking up and just leaving, independence thing was great! I knew that freedom and it was fabulous but it will always be there. The ability to create life, to feel it grow and develop inside of you, the exhilaration and accomplishment of child birth, and nursing a tiny infant is almost addictive. I crave it! I relish in it! Yet, it is so short lived and fleeting. You blink and they are grown.
We found out we were expecting on the first of April. We were living in the Vegas Motel and the kids and I were laying on the bed watching Princess Diaries and I was so moved by it...moved to tears...by the Princess Diaries (pretty pathetic!), that I knew I had to be pregnant. Moving three states away and dealing with an old house that could have been on an episode of Pet Hoarders, in extreme humid conditions all summer was not my ideal pregnancies conditions but I have never been the best at planning things, just making due. It has been an easy peasy pregnancy! I didn't even get in to see a doctor until I was about 25 weeks along. I do feel the aches and pains a bit more with this pregnancy. I don't know if it because I am chubby and all of the extra weight makes it more uncomfy or if it is my aging body. I am not getting any younger, that's for sure! All of the kids are super excited for another baby, unless you ask Ash. She just knows she will have to baby sit it ALL the time! Poor picked on oldest Ashley. You got to know her to find it funny but it cracks me up! We told them and our parents on Mother's Day. We sent a video of the kids reading a little poem with them all shouting in unison at the end "There's a baby on its way!"
We are due at the end of November and we are having either a boy or a girl. You will find out when we do. It is so exciting that way, I think. I am glad we just got new tires on the Excursion because I don't want the crazy North Dakota winter to deter us from getting to the hospital. Mike says that that I can just do my birthin' out in the barn if the weather gets too bad. I am a little concerned about the fact that we live about 45 minutes away from the nearest hospital and who will watch the kids if I go to the hospital in the middle of the night. This rural living has its draw backs. As for names, Mike and I are not good at compromising and he comes up with old people names like Virginia, Josephine, and Johnny. So do me a favor and give me your suggestions so I have an arsenal of options to veto his names with!
8 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more. So many women just hate being pregnant, and althought it isn't always fun, I love it! Pregnancy and Birth and Newborn stage are such a blessing, along with nursing that sweet little baby. I am really so happy for you! Don't listen to any body else, you are an amazing mother, and there is probably a line of little spirits wanting and hoping to get to come to your family. Love you!
Congratulations! We have six kids now too, and I didn't think we had a big family yet (coming from one with 8 kids) until people started making the "crazy" comments. Children are a blessing. I am going to miss being pregnant and feeling the baby move inside (I love that!) and the infant stage. it drives some people crazy, but I love snuggling with them. :) Enjoy it!!
I forgot to tell you that we live an hour away from the hospital where I had my last 3 babies. It really wasn't that bad (my husband on the other hand was a nervous wreck thinking I'd go into labor and we wouldn't make it to the hospital!) People/neighbors are wonderful. I don't think you'll have any problems with those around you offering to watch your kids when/if you go into labor. :) Good luck!
:) you make me smile! I love all your thoughts. I am so happy for you! Even though I have a 'phew I'm glad I don't ever have to go through that again' feeling, I can respect your desire for more children. You are a wonderful mother and I am truely happy and excited for you.
I love this Ramanda. You are one of the happiest, most upbeat people I know. I'm excited to get to know you better!
How exciting! I must admit I am a little jealous, I didn't get the choice to say how many kids would be too many, the chice was made for us long before I even thought of children! :) I am blessed and grateful for my two miracles. I wish you all the happieness, love and a "crazy" life with 6!!! :) You will and do make it look easy!
LOL I just love you hun!!!!! Six is not that big of a family, anything 8 or more is big. But we're Utah Mormons so we look at it differently. My BFF gets told all the time that she has tons of kids and she only has 3.....it just depends where you live I guess. People think we're crazy to want 2 more after this baby bringing our total to 5 kids but I don't care. Mike and Sean sound so much alike, Sean wanted to name this baby girl Angela. The name isn't that bad but it seems too old fashioned to me. I like the names, Adalee, Kenzington, Reagan, and for boys I love Jacob, Isaac, Lucas. Good luck with the names. I can't believe you don't want to know what you're having. I could not do that. I HAVE to know stuff like that so I can plan ahead. But more power to ya.
Holy Congrats Ramanda! So excited to see updates and pictures of this little cutie when he/she arrives!
Post a Comment