Celebrating Independence Day is the epitome of summer time! Spending time with family and friends, grilling everything in sight, patriotism, watermelon, fireworks, freedom, homemade ice cream, and making lasting memories...now that is my definition of summer!
For the first time in four years, Michael had to work so we stayed in town instead of our traditional trip to Frisco for fireworks over Dillon reservoir. For the first time in YEARS my dad finally had the fourth of July off so they came and spent a few days with us. How cool is that! Out of all the places they could have gone they wanted to come and spend the 4th with us!
Our dog was barking like crazy and we discovered this pesky little guy reaching under the dog's kennel trying to get the dog food and he then moved on to our corn. My redneck hubby took care of him permanently from the window of our kids' bedroom in the dark, two stories up! What am I gonna do with guy?! I just knew the cops were going to show up at our door when the loud boom of the gun went off! (they seem to do that quite often when Mike gets insane ideas into his head!) Luckily it was July fourth weekend and it sounded like a firecracker!
We took my mom and dad up to Doc Holliday's grave above Glenwood Springs. Did you know that he was a dentist? It seems ironic that after a life of crime and thievery he died a destitute man.
Mikie the brute hauled Madse up the trail!
Cha-cha-cheesy!
Little hammy!
Look out America's Next Top Model! You've got nothing on Mikie!
Eeew...I had no idea that Madse was licking that fence....ick, bleck, cucky!!!
Madse robbing from a robber. There was money, playing cards, and cigarettes on Doc Holliday's grave and Madse tried so hard to reach for all of the loose change!
YOO HOO... Dad..eh-hem...Dad, DAD...
SMILE!!!
We learned a lot from what my dad read. A twelve year old girl died by her own hand because she got scolded and decided that nobody liked her her so she drank lye and died a slow and torturous death. Poor thing! Some body should have just taught her that song, "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna eat some worms!" The outcome would have been less fatal!
Grandpa provided us with a spectacular private firework show in our culdesac!
Sunday, July fourth, my parents left, we went to church and sang lots of patriotic songs, and then we went to my friend, Erin's bbq. She told me that I didn't need to bring anything but that is like telling me not to breathe so I sliced up some watermelon and when we got there it looked like everyone else had the same idea! Good thing watermelon is so good! That evening I had the opportunity to speak at a baptism. I have been going with the missionaries to teach Karen and it was such an amazing experience to see her accept truth and light into her life and make the choice to be baptised. It was a blessing to witness her conversion and a fitting way to celebrate our nation's birth.
2 comments:
Ramanda, I love your posts! You are too cute! I loved when we went to Doc's grave last year and I thought it was very interesting that they arent even sure if that spot is where he is buried. All they know is he is up there "somewhere!" Gotta love old record keeping!
Ramanda, I love your pictures. Such adorable kids and a pretty good looking mama too I would say. Sounds like your 4th of July was awesome. Happy 4th!
Post a Comment