Friday, March 26, 2010

Finito...FINALLY!!!!


If you know me, you know that I am not a finisher of things! I go full throttle into things and all too soon it loses it's excitement and allure and becomes work and then my attention is diverted to something that will give me a more instant gratification. I am embarrassed to say that this project took me fifteen months to complete! So humiliating! It was the quilting that kicked my heiny! Maybe those swirls were a bit too ambitious for this novice ( I still consider myself a beginner even though I have been sewing for six years.). I unpicked them a million times. I am learning a lot though. In my perfect quilty world I would have a long arm quilting machine and the room for it. Hello! Reality check...all I have is my little Bernina and my wittle sewing closet so I will just learn to make due! This little beauty is going to my friendy friend Tracy for all the times she drove my kids to school and for just being so amazing!

Next on the To Do list:


  • Quilt and bind and send snowman wall hanging to bloggy friend

  • Sew Easter dresses and skirts for the girls and maybe a tie for the boy IF I have time.

  • Finish my Gingham Rose quilt. (All the blocks are sewn I just have to piece it together and quilt it.)

  • Finish my mom's sampler.

Let's just hope that it doesn't take me over a year to get it all done!

7 comments:

Robin Conner said...

Ramanda what a great job you did! It looks so amazing! Way to go! I'm the same with projects. I get so excited to start them, and then lose the "pizazz" to finish them. Ugh!!! But you did awesome!!

Alison said...

That is amazing!! I wish I had skillz like that. :)

bullfrogranch said...

Wow! Ramanda that is beautiful! You are amazing. I checked out the website for girl skirt patterns. So cute!! You are so talented.

The Page Family said...

It turned out so beautiful!! You have crazy talent with your sewing!! Can't wait to see your Easter skirt. I cheated this year, we went shopping, but also bought material for Spring/Summer skirts. Last year during Spring break Raychel made herself several skirts and asked to do it again this year. I believe we now have a Spring Break tradition!!!!

Trapper and Suzy said...

Hi Ramanda! I tried to email you but I can't find your email. Could you email me at shastadaisy_girl@yahoo.com?
I've also been thinking about the girls in the Rifle ward. I miss them. I wonder if you could do me a favor? Could you get Michal's email address? I wanted to send her a couple of things, but I don't have to get in contact with her.

Trapper and Suzy said...

that last sentence should be "I don't KNOW HOW to get in contact with her." haha thanks

Annette said...

Ramanda, this is just beautiful! Don't feel bad, I start lots of things that take forever to finish. You are an adorable mother, and totally impress me! Hey, I started a new blog that is linked to the old one I'm still doing. It doesn't have much on it yet, but it is a travel blog. Check it out (Merry Pursuits). Tell your hubby hi for me. Stop and visit sometime!