I am beyond frustrated and devastated to the point of tears! My luck with expensive electronics has been HORRIBLE recently! This summer I had a mishap with my Canon. The LCD screen got stepped on during a fishing trip. It was totally my fault, it was one of those where you can turn the LCD screen around and close it and I didn't even after many warnings from Mike but I continued using it. It felt old school taking photos and not knowing what you were getting until you developed them.
My ipod too had a tragic accident that involved the toilet. It was low on battery and I put in my pocket so that I would remember to charge it up but my bladder had other plans and as my pants came down my precious ipod classic made a splash in the toilet water...prepee thank goodness! I was surprised at my lightning reflexes! My hand was in there after it before I knew it but the damage was done and it was fried!
The most recent tragedy was with my BRAND NEW Nikon. I JUST got it for my birthday last month!! I had already been traumatized severely so I was super careful. It was always in a case or on the counter top but I guess I wasn't careful enough. I have no clue how it could have happened but there is and impact mark on the LCD screen. Oh my goodness, it feels so crippling not having a camera to document family adventures and the precious things that only seem to happen once. There is no reenacting these memories and my memory is so fickle. I can't trust it to record these images for the future. Even my poor little blog has been suffering. Who wants to read a blog with no pictures!? Not me he he!
I will have to wait until after Christmas to see if I can get it repaired, gotta pay for Christmas first. (that means no photos of little surprised faces Christmas morning! Oh it's killing me to even think about it!). I would imagine that a camera should be able to handle normal use handling with out breaking so I am tempted to call Nikon customer service and complain.
Mike reminds me that it is just stuff. He is so patient with his clumsy and silly wife. I am not so patient with myself. It just makes me absolutley sick to my stomach! I will be kicking myself for these mistakes for a LONG time!
9 comments:
Sorry about your bad luck with electronics. I'll just be sad I won't get to see pics of your darling kiddos for a little while!
I found your blog off of a link from my sister. Depending on what kind of Nikon Camera you have you should have a warranty on the camera. My Nikon D80 has two years and will cover basically anything but water damage. Even any mishaps I make! Or fire damage! You may have needed to fill out the warranty card when you received the camera but I'm not possitive on that. But it's worth a try calling Nikon.
kristin.
Also, invest in one of these:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=nikon+lcd+protector&oe=UTF-8&cid=12967762854446039999&sa=title#p
kristin.
So sorry to hear about your losses :(
I bought a warranty from SquareTrade with my last camera. It cost some extra money up front, but it covers everything (even silly accidents). I figure it's a pretty safe bet that I will break my camera within three years, so it's worth it to me.
Not that this will really help, but the LCD screen of my nephews Kodak camera got steped on and I called them up and they replaced it. They kind of gave me some crap about it for a second, but I was persistent and they sent a brand new camera. It had no special warranty or anything. Can't hurt to try.
I dropped Brett's old laptop a couple of years ago and totally cracked the monitor and Gateway pretty much laughed in my face when I called them. So, you never know!! :)
Sorry. so sad.
LOVE YOU
i know! well mabey i dont. but, sorry that happend!
love,
Ashley
Hi! Long time no see. Ya, it really sucks when those things break. The jewelry holder is a great idea. Come see us when you come over next. Love you guys!
I feel your pain! Breaking or losing a camera is the absolute worse! I feel so bad for you because I have so been there!!!!
Post a Comment