Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Arrival!

Congrats to my amazing, strong, and beautiful little sister Royeal for bringing another precious baby into the world!
Little miss Makiah Elaine made her debut four weeks early, weighing six pounds, and with a condition called
Gastroschisis. Basically in the early stages of pregnancy the abdomen encloses while the intestines remain outside of the body. This is Royeal's second child with this condition.
I am amazed at her strength and her incredible attitude! It is hard enough to bring a baby into this world and then add on a struggle like this and anyone would feel tested but Roy handles it all with a such great outlook!



First day in the NICU. The intestines are in a silo to protect it from infection.



Day three.

After surgery.
Although Royeal is home, Makiah will remain at Primary Children's for 6 to 12 more weeks. It is hard for me to be so far away and not be able to visit and help her with her kids and stuff but I call her once in awhile for updates.
Love you like life Roy boy!!!
Thanks for a cute little niece!!!

8 comments:

Nichole said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family. You will have to let Royale know of our love for her and that new little one. I love new babies. She is a doll!

Melissa said...

Yay for babies!!! K..when I first saw the picture I was like YOU WERE PREGNANT????!!!!! Then I read it. whew. I thought i had missed something. My little Emma was born 5 weeks early and has a couple of side effects...and might have to have surgery..this all hits too close to home. But it's all in our Heavenly Father's hands...he know what he is doing.

Joy said...

Congrats on the new little baby. Glad to hear everything is going okay.

Knessa said...

Congratulations Auntie! I love her name too. It is so hard to have a baby in the NICU, but the staff there are angels. They are the nicest most understanding people, they really make it easy on the family. Sounds like Royeal knows what to expect though. We wish her and her family all the best and keep us updated!

M Occasionally B said...

I'm so touched by your sister's strength. Tell he she is amazing...

Robin Conner said...

Holy Cow girl! That is quite something to behold. Thanks for sharing. I bet it is so hard to be the mom that has to leave the baby in the hospital for a few weeks.

Thanks for your comment, you're sweet. But "mom of the year" (in my opinion) still goes to you, you are incredible! I hope the new baby continues to heal and grow!

Vanessa said...

What a strong family you have! What a precious little one. I wish Royeal and her family the very best. Keep us up to date.

Also, I want a break down of your family and your cute kids. How many do you have?

Knessa said...

Of course not! I will be impressed if you can remember all five birth/giving stories, it was a bit of a struggle to remember three.

How is your sis and new niece doing? Is she getting better? Babies are so resilient and heal so fast. Elodie's thing is like a blur now. It will be so great when Makiah can go home!